WBC respects member privacy and does not share, trade, or sell contact information for use by other parties. WBC will not disclose to or share personal information in our database with any unaffiliated third party except in the following ways:
- Where necessary with services provided by third parties who provide the organization with office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and who are required to comply with this policy. For example, when someone submits their abstract for the annual meeting or an article to a journal through vendor-owned platforms.
- Where the third party is a person leading a committee, course, or other WBC initiative that involves you as a volunteer or registrant.
- Where WBC is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies.
- Where all or substantially all the business or assets of WBC relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
- Where we provide publishing services in conjunction with third parties, such as partner publishers, WBC may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
WBC Connect 2020 Cancellation/Refund Policy
Cancellations MUST be made in writing and received by WBC
no later than August 31, 2020
. Cancellations received by this date are subject to a $25 processing fee. Registration cancellations received after August 31, 2020
, are NOT subject to a refund. You may transfer your registration to another member of your organization. After August 31
, requests to change a registration from your current tier to a lower tier cannot be processed.
Attendee Health and Safety at WBC Connect 2020
The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, members, and industry colleagues are of the utmost importance to us. WBC, ASBC, Master Brewers Association, their employees, officers, and volunteers are not liable for any claims, resulting in any injury, illness or economic loss resulting from your participation in this event.
A full list of registrants for WBC Connect 2020 will be viewable in the mobile app, only to registered attendees. Attendees can direct message each other through the mobile app to connect, set appointments, and network. The full attendee list will be available in the mobile app for approximately 6-8 weeks post-meeting. A PDF document will be provided to the exhibitors and sponsors which will include the following information: Full Name, Role, Organization/Affiliation, and mailing address.
All registrants understand that pictures and/or video may be recorded during WBC Connect 2020. By registering for WBC Connect 2020, attendees agree to allow WBC to use their image in any publications, promotions or on the WBC, ASBC, or Master Brewers websites.
Expected Behavior Policy
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free meeting experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We ask all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, guests and other participants be considerate and respectful to all members and refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Please note, if you register a guest for the meeting, you may be held responsible for the actions of the guest. Violations of this policy should be reported to meeting staff.
WBC reserves the right to remove any individual from attendance or other participation in any WBC sponsored event without prior warning or refund, and to take additional action as determined necessary, up to and including expulsion from participation in WBC. Any course of action recommended by the association is final.